First graduation of the course «GR and Lobbying in Business and Nonprofit sector»
From June 1-3, the first educational program for professional development in Russia «GR and lobbying in business and Nonprofit sector» was held. The motto of this course is «practice for practitioners». This is a joint project of the Business School and International Competences of the MGIMO University and the consulting company Baikal Communications Group. Due to the relevance of the program, it was decided to hold this course twice a year.
The three-day intensive educational program was based on the study of practical tools and technologies for interaction between business and government. The invited experts acquainted the audience with the technologies for conducting effective negotiations with stakeholders, GR-planning, involving media in GR and lobbying projects. During the course the students learned about the peculiarities of the complicated negotiation processes that are available in the most regulated sectors, as well as in the sphere of high technologies. The problems of GR and lobbying activities for companies with state participation were also considered. At the end of the course, Vadim Zhivulin, director of the Regulatory Impact Assessment Department of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, conducted a master class «Assessment of Regulatory Impact: Management of the Industry Regulation Mechanisms». The result of the course consists in the deepening of knowledge and the development of relevant skills in the fields of GR and lobbying.
The list of participants included top-managers and employees of the largest companies, such as Kaspi Bank (Kazakhstan), Lukoil, Irkutsk Oil Company, Alibaba.Ru (ru), owners of ONE TOUCH companies and the Clinic of Scientific Medicine, as well as representatives of high-tech business Skyeng and others.
- Elena Adamenko, director for Government Relations and Corporate Communications, United Technologies International Operations, Inc.
- Marina Amelina, vice President for Corporate Relations, Yandex
- Sergey Vanin, executive director, Association of International Manufacturers of Medical Products IMEDA
- Ilya Vesker, director for Interaction with Government Agencies, Takeda Russia
- Eduard Voytenko, CEO, consulting company Baikal Communications Group
- Andrey Klimenko, deputy director for relations with Public Authorities and Charitable Activities, EvrazHolding
- Dmitry Kononov, head of Interaction with Federal Authorities, VimpelCom
- Yana Guskova, director for Legal Affairs and External Commercial Relations, BAT Russia
- Maxim Ignatiev, first deputy director for Communications and Communications, Siberian Coal Energy Company
- Andrey Lyan, director for interaction with the Public and Public Authorities, Cargill in Russia
- Elman Mehdiyev, executive vice President, Association of Russian Banks
- Anatoly Meshcheryakov, state secretary – deputy general director, Russian Railways
- Dmitry Polikanov, CEO, Co-Unity Foundation
- Irina Fedorova, senior director for work with public authorities of the Eastern Europe region, Baltika, Carlsberg Group