Anastasia Tsvetkova Spoke on the Week of Sustainable Development 2019
Partner of Baikal Communications Group, CEO of the Lake Baikal Foundation, shared her experience in fundraising in a non-profit private foundation.
The speech took place on June 17, 2019 in the framework of the expert panel “Fundraising: Financial Sustainability of Social and Environmental Projects”. Anastasia Tsvetkova spoke about sustainable projects in the non-profit sector, which can be developed only due to sustainable financing. The expert described in detail the following tools for raising funds and at the same time reducing costs that are currently available to non-profit organizations:
- Building a network of pro bono partners (PR, accounting and legal services, rent-free office);
- Co-financing: work with crowdfunding platforms;
- State support (Presidential Grants Fund and other programs at the regional authorities’ level);
- Partnership with corporate donors;
- Partnerships with foundations (for example, with private founding funds, as well as participation in the “Nuzhna pomosh” (‘Help Needed’) Foundation programs).
On the example of the activities of the Lake Baikal Foundation, Anastasia Tsvetkova noted the importance of differentiating sources of support. The presentation also touched upon the topic of developing social entrepreneurship, and discussed the possibility for NGOs to conduct activities that could bring them profit.
Sustainable Development Week is the leading integrated educational project in the “Education & Practice” format, aimed at delving of participants into the current agenda of sustainable development and corporate responsibility. More information about the results of the event 2019 can be found on the link.